Subscribe to RSS

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Search Blog:
Loading

Monday, June 11, 2007

DigiVangelist--A LESSON LEARNED


APPLE PHOTO BOOTH FUN.

The more I travel to promote PAH and his digital empowerment, global creativity concepts, the more I need to be careful. The digital arena gives everyone a voice and I love that. But, the very thing I love might come back and hurt me. People who know me know I wear my heart on my sleeve and try to be as honest as possible. I've noticed more Youtube videos of me on my travels. On these travels I mix in with the people, try to get to know them and their culture...it's the BikerCHEF way. However, I am also asked the typical how does it feel to be a Coppola or related to Nicolas Cage questions. I know people get excited with celebrity and I don't judge them for it. But it does get tiring. Anyhow, I was asked when the last time I saw Nicolas Cage was. I should have just said it's been awhile, but I was tired , a little drunk and said a little bit more. And what I said was immediately posted by a young Slovenian filmmaker on Youtube. Anyhow, I feel bad about that. My personal, family life is really know one's business but mine and my families. I owe my brother an apology for that.

When it comes right down to it, it is the simple folk that inspire me, not celebrity.

One of the students who tapped into the creative process at PAH-FEST:NEW MEXICO spoke up at the closing ceremony. He was very tall and lanky with a shy, quiet demeanor. He said, "I really wanted to work with a team. I kept following the head guys around, bugging them, hoping they'd let me. I finally got assigned with a team. I really enjoyed working with them. I liked being inside the church...I liked the floor...it was mud. I liked the people. That's about it."

It was from his heart and I felt it in mine. And, it made everything I've been doing worthwhile.

 
© Copyright Ears XXI Inc. All Rights Reserved