Subscribe to RSS

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Search Blog:
Loading

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

CRC PRESENTS

I've been doing the EARS blog around 4 years now. All the blogs that I have linked to mine are one's that I feel a kindred spirit with one way or another, but there's one blog in particular that has inspired me and given me ideas. It is probably the one blog that has influenced me the most. It's a very academic, but at the same time gentle and artistic...not something that is easy to do. It is RB's SUCHSTUFF blog. Today I would like to present her blog as a work of art.

Here's a wisdom selection from her blog:

none of them extraordinary

It seems to me that the soul, when alone with itself and speaking to itself, uses only a small number of words, none of them extraordinary. This is how one recognizes that there is a soul at that moment, if at the same time one experiences the sensation that everything else--everything that would require a larger vocabulary--is mere possibility.

-- Paul Valery, quoted in W.H. Auden's A Certain World

 
© Copyright Ears XXI Inc. All Rights Reserved