Subscribe to RSS

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Search Blog:
Loading

Saturday, March 31, 2007

WHEN POLITICS GET IN A WAY OF A GOOD CUP OF JOE

This was just sent to me from my hardworking friends in Roswell, New Mexico. It really rubbed me the wrong way. Everyone deserves a good cup of Joe, including those the put their lives on the line because they are ordered to. If I were Starbucks I would have used this as an opportunity to sponsor a global coffee break for all involved. Starbucks might have actually done some real good in the world, but they dropped the ball, big time.

NO COFFEE FOR THE MARINES

Their coffee is tasting more and more bitter.....

STARBUCKS DENIES COFFEE TO MARINES

Recently Marines in Iraq wrote to Starbucks because they
wanted to let them know how much they liked their coffees and
to request that they send some of it to the troops there.

Starbucks replied, telling the Marines thank you for
their support of their business, but that Starbucks does
not support the war, nor anyone in it, and that they would not send the
troops heir brand of coffee. So as not to offend Starbucks, maybe we should
not support them by buying any of their products! As a war vet
writing to fellow patriots, I feel we should get this out in the
open. I know this war might not be very popular with some folks, but
that doesn't mean we don't support the boys on the ground fighting
street-to-street and house-to-house for what they and I
believe is right. If you feel the same as I do then pass this along, or you
can discard it and no one will never know. Thanks very much
for your support. I know you'll all be there again when I deploy once more.


"Semper Fidelis."
Sgt Howard C. Wright
1st Force Recon Co
1st Plt PLT

 
© Copyright Ears XXI Inc. All Rights Reserved