Subscribe to RSS

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Search Blog:
Loading

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

CRC PRESENTS

When I was little my father and others would say that it looked like I was carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders all the time. He liked watching me run, because I could run fast and long even though it looked like I was being crushed by the sky. I did have a difficult childhood and often did feel like I was being crushed. But, we all have different paths to lead as we find ourselves. We all are dealt a hand of cards and need to learn how to play them the best we can. Why I am saying all this? Because I have a deep affinity with my Native American friends. I wear a ton of their jewelry, especially bear claws and thunderbirds. I don't know why. It makes me feel good. I remember being a judge at a New Mexico Music Festival. I was all decked out in real bear claw jewelry. A man came up to me. He was Native American. He looked at me and the jewelry and said, "Man, that bear claw stuff is some heavy power and mojo. Don't you feel it?" I said I do feel something intense and weighty, but I like it. He smiled and nodded and told me that I wear it well. Maybe, carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders as a lad was good for something after all.

Anyhow, today I am presenting the Chrisjohn family. A wonderful Native American family of fine artists and silversmiths. They are very dear friends of mine and my families. A lot of what I wear is theirs, including my wolf fringe jacket, my man bag and my leather do-rags. So enjoy this video shot and editing by Damian Montoya (Chachi) with the help of Mr. Slipery on the Masterful Chrisjohn family.




 
© Copyright Ears XXI Inc. All Rights Reserved