Subscribe to RSS

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Search Blog:
Loading

Sunday, July 31, 2005

SUNDAY WISDOM: DUKE CITY SHOOTOUT 2005 EPILOGUE

CRC says...



LETTER FROM MR. SEBASTIAN TO MR. AARNE

Dear Doug,
I woke up this morning and was thinking about moments. I could see you
on the stage shaking each of the participants hands. I could see your
son, proud, watching his father. I could see my son and Christopher's
playing with a toy glow stick at the party after the ceremony. They
tumbled in the summer grass, laughing and giggling as people mingled and
talked about who should have won or lost. This morning I saw the glow
stick on the floor of our hotel room. It was a plastic tube now. I
looked out my window and saw you in the court yard writing. You were
wearing the hat you had on last night. I wondered what you were
writing. I thought, life is a silent movie, a series of moments strung
together. Thank you for the moments you've given me and all of us.
Thank you for reminding everyone how important they are. It's not one
movie you made. It never stops. Maybe silence never stops when you
take out the words and look for the moments. All best, Tom

 
© Copyright Ears XXI Inc. All Rights Reserved